APC has evidence of Jonathan’s interim govt plan –Fayemi
Ex-Governor of Ekiti State, Dr. Kayode Fayemi, has said the All Progressives Congress has strong evidence against President Goodluck Jonathan over his alleged plot to foist an Interim Government on the country.
He said the allegation made by the National Leader of the APC, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, that his life was being threatened confirmed the desperation of the Peoples Democratic Party-led Federal Government and Jonathan.
Fayemi, who said this in Aramoko Ekiti on Saturday during the 40-day Fidau for the late Pa Jejelola Akingbolu and Mrs. Raliat Akingbolu, also lambasted Governor Ayodele Fayose for allegedly lying against the APC Presidential candidate, Maj. Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), over his health status.
“We have heard somebody whose own definition of politics is about lying, saying Gen. Buhari was taken to a hospital in London. Buhari never went to the hospital throughout the 10 days he was in London, because I was with him throughout.
“Fayose even used his mother as an example of how people who are old used to behave just because he wanted to drive home a point that Gen. Buhari was sick. This is like disgracing his own mother in the public and it is against the value Ekiti is known for.”
The ex-governor said Jonathan could not deny that he invited Tinubu to be part of the planned Interim Government, saying that the APC leader made the allegation in good faith and not to discredit the President or heat up the polity.
He said, “President Jonathan is becoming desperate by the day and he would stop at nothing to return to government. You know what they did in Ekiti. So, there was nothing Tinubu said that was not verifiable.
“I have evidence that he (Tinubu) was invited to be part of the Interim Government as a way of dividing us as a prominent member of our party. There is absolutely nothing they cannot do to distract us because they could see that the Presidency is gradually slipping off their hands.
“It was good that these alarms were being raised and put in the front burner that there was a sinister intention to subvert the will of the people.
“What Nigerians are looking for now is for the elections to hold on March 28 as scheduled by INEC and for the victor, who will be overwhelmingly elected by the popular votes, to be announced.
“We, as party leaders and members of opposition, are ready to congratulate the winner but if they go ahead and subvert the will of the people, they will surely go to jail.”
Fayemi assured Nigerians that Buhari would keep to his promise not to dig into the financial corruption perpetrated in the past under Jonathan if that was what members of the ruling party were afraid of.
“Maj. Gen. Muhammadu Buhari said he won’t look into the past. He said he will draw the line on the very day he took over and I don’t know why President Jonathan, who has the paraphernalia of office, is afraid of election.
“There was nothing the PDP, even as a ruling party has not done to ensure that these elections are not held. We have heard about the sowing of fake Army uniform. We have heard about how they want to use the Army to rig the election. We have seen attempt to sack Prof. Attahiru Jega. We have heard about how they have been preaching about religion, talking about the health of Gen. Buhari and the way they had been canvassing for postponement of elections and non-usage of card readers. The big question still remain, why are they afraid of election?”
Fayemi declared that the government of Jonathan would be held responsible, if anything bad happened to Tinubu.