President Edgar Lungu, who was sworn in yesterday, has appointed Zambia’s first female Vice-President Inonge Wina, replacing Lusaka Central MP Guy Scott.
Wina was wife of deceased MMD chairman Arthur Wina and she becomes the first female Vice-President in the history of Zambia.
“Inonge Wina is a solid person, stood up for the party when we faced possibility of disintegration and going into oblivion,” Lungu said.
President Lungu also named part of his cabinet but cautioned appointees that they must ensure that the president’s wish to the people is fulfilled.
“Your job is not to isolate or insulate the President. My stay at State House is short and I won’t hesitate to fire you,” he warned.
President Lungu said the rest of the Cabinet will be announced when he returns from an African Union (AU) engagement.
Partial Cabinet announced on Monday, January 26:
1. President – Edgar Lungu
2. Vice President – Inonge Wina, MP
3. Minister of Justice – Ngosa Simbiakula MP
4. Minister of Finance – Alexander Chikwanda MP
5. Minister of Home Affairs – Davies Mwila, MP
6. Minister of Health – Joseph Kasonde, MP
7. Minister of Foreign Affairs – Harry Kalaba, MP
8. Minister of Tourism and Arts – Jean Kapata, MP
1. Dawson Kafwaya – North Western Province Minister
2. Nathaniel Mubukwanu – Southern Province Minister
State House Appointments
1. Permanent Secretary – Emmanuel Chilubanama
2. Amos Chanda – Press and Public Relations
3. Kaizer Zulu – Political Affairs