PREVIOUSLY KNOWN AS LAGOSBOOKSCLUB.COM AND MILE2HERALD…
12 OLD GRUDGES YORUBAS WOULD HAVE USED AGAINST BUHARI AND THE NORTH IN 2015 IF GEJ HAD PERFORMED OR KEPT PROMISES
12 GRUDGES YORUBAS STILL NURSE AGAINST NORTHERNERS … YET GEJ’S UNDER-ACHIEVEMENT NOT LOVE IS MOVING US TOWARDS BUHARI!
1. That Northerners connived with election officials and those who are rooting for GEJ at present to frustrate Awolowo from the presidency throughout his life time.
2. That they also connived with fifth columnists to send Awolowo, leader of the Yoruba nation to jail on trumped-up charges
3.That when Northerners decided to kill Aguiyi-Ironsi they also abducted Lt. Col Adekunle Fajuyi the Western State governor at that time and thereafter killed him brutally and mercilessly too.
4. That when “Biafrans” came out to accuse Awo of genocide by currency change and other measures taken in relation to a war economy, the Northerners kept quiet leaving the impression stamped on several minds that decisions were by taken by Awo alone and not the Supreme Military Council made up MOSTLY OF NORTHERNERS!
5. That for their own selfish reasons they instigated a crooked report used as basis for removing the nation’s capital from Yorubaland to the north.
6. That they used the NPN as a vehicle for pauperizing Yorubaland and coincidentally other areas in the country laying basis for additional military coups, Niger-Delta militants and Boko Haram.
7.That the military coups also led to unfair jailing of Yoruba and Edo leaders, Northernization of the Civil Service, the Armed Forces, the Police, Customs, and Immigration Services by sacking removal of many Yorubas prematurely. Also it led to location and establishment advantages for the north in terms of Military and National/Civil Service institutions.
8. That when Chief M.K.O Abiola won the presidential elections not only did Northern elements like IBB, Abacha, David Mark and others oppose his ascendancy, they also detained him until he died VERY MYSTERIOUSLY in their hands.
9. That despite Yorubas rejecting OBJ twice they forced him down our throats as the rep of Yorubas in Aso Rock as a kind of take it or leave it replacement for Abiola.
10. That they and OBJ kept up their rigmarole by CORONATING Yardua to the throne SUPPORTED BY GEJ whom they never expected to take over.
11. That when Yardua suddenly and unfortunately died northerners wanted to sideline the constitution by putting in another Northerners until there was serious opposition mostly by Yorubas who insisted that GEJ as the VP must take over as stipulated by the constitution.
12. That by joining massively to elect GEJ Yorubas thought that he would provide power/electricity as promised and give leadership based on his PHD. But his party made up mostly of Northern governors who do not know the difference between 19 and 16 imprisoned him for what they called JONATHAN’S SECOND TERM”. Some of the Northern elements around him are the real people behind Boko Haram as indicated by the late National Security Adviser and they have kept embarrassing him throughout his tenure due to his clueless nature on many important matters.
So Yorubas have had their hopes seriously and thoroughly dashed. To many the choice of Buhari is not out of love but because GEJ has not played as smartly as expected in Aso Rock .The extent is that virtually everything has gone really bad for everyone including Yorubas. Yorubas still nurse the fear of repetition of things listed in 7 above. They fear same might be repeated under Buhari. Unfortunately madness has danced to the centre of the Nigerian village market and the case right now looks like that of half loaf being better than meaningless smiles , handshakes and empty promises.
10 PROMISES YORUBA LEADERS MUST EXTRACT FROM GENERAL BUHARI AND APC BEFORE 2015 ELECTIONS